The purpose of this statement is to set out:
* how your personal information may be collected by us during the course of your dealings with Hunter Maison;
* how we use personal information that we may obtain about you;
* the steps that we will take to ensure the accuracy of the information we obtain from new and how we will maintain its security; and
* your rights to gain access to the information that we obtain from you.
By either purchasing any of Hunter Maison's products through this website, registering as a user of any services provided by Hunter Maison on this website or by using Hunter Maison’s website generally you agree to this use.
Information Privacy Principles
Hunter Maison agrees to manage your personal information in accordance with the Information Privacy Principles described in the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection and Use of your personal information
1. When you register and use this site:
* You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data either electronically or in hard copy and use it for the purposes set out in this section.
* If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
* We may also keep details of transactions you carry out through our site and fulfilment of your orders.
* Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to traffic data, location data and other communication date, whether required for our own billing purposes or otherwise.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
* to register you with our website and to administer our website services.
* to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
* to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
* to notify you about changes to our service.
* to ensure content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
o Telephone (including automated calls)
o SMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
3. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
4. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
5 If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form).
6. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
7. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Disclosure of your information
8. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
* to employees and agents of Hunter Maison to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Hunter Maison now or in the future.
* agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
* to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions.
* to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
* if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
* If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
* If Hunter Maison or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data we hold about you will be one of the transferred assets.
9. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means any related body corporate, as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (as amended).
10. In carrying out the activities specified in this section, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the Australasian Economic Area. We take steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable Australian and New Zealand data protection legislation.
11. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
12. For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible, please see information on Secure online shopping.
13. You have the right to see personal information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee of $20.
14. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
15. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us at email@example.com
16. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
How can I get my name removed from Hunter Maison’s mailing list?
18. If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
How do I change any details stored by Hunter Maison?
20. For further information about shopping on www.huntermaison.com.a please read our Terms and Conditions, FAQs and Shipping and Returns pages.